Embed GAD or GAD Wizard screen in a module?

• Dwight
  • Dwight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 2 months ago #25369 by Dwight
Hi
I am sure I used to be able to use something like Regular Labs Components Anywhere, or Plugin Include Component by Ander Juaristi to allow me to embed the GAD or GAD Wizard in a module or article so I could place it where I want it on the website (actually in a tab on a screen), but this isnt working now. For example, despite me using the URL from the menu link as suggested by Regular Labs Components Anywhere, the HTML being produced on the page tells me..
<!-- START: Components Anywhere --><!-- Components Anywhere Message: The component cannot be placed because an invalid URL is given or the page timed out. --><!-- END: Components Anywhere -->
I am not sure if this is a Joomla update, ABPro update etc that has caused this to break. Have you any ideas about how to embed them?
Many thanks
Ben

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dwight
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 2 months ago #25370 by Dwight
Replied by Dwight on topic Embed GAD or GAD Wizard screen in a module?
This page is displayed instantly so I have ruled out the time out issue.

More
5 years 2 months ago #25371 by Rob
My official line has always been that ABPro is a component and cannot be placed in side an article.
I have no knowledge of the Joomla add-ons that say they can embed components in articles, so I can offer no insight into why they stopped working.

• Dwight
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 2 months ago #25372 by Dwight
Replied by Dwight on topic Embed GAD or GAD Wizard screen in a module?
Ok, cheers for the update Rob. It used to work well as do those extensions for other components. I will see if I can work out what is going on. Keep up the good work.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #25470 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic Embed GAD or GAD Wizard screen in a module?
This may not be what a good solution is for you, but I created a menu with the different functions ( front desk, admin, booking, etc) and set viewing/ access permissions for each.
I then put the menu in a module and it works great, On my site, I have no public access (everyone who will use must be a registered user) but the permissions worked when I had the menu on the public frount page as well.
Guest/Public could access bookings, users assigned to group "front desk" had access to manage calendars of staff / departments relative to the type of appointment (location / person / etc). Users in the "ABProAdmin" group have access to the management functions. This is working great as everyone can use the program for what they need to do and still keep barriers of access where needed.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Steve Klund.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013