• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #25496 by James Baldock
Free adult for every child was created by James Baldock
Hello everyone,

We have just started using ABP and things are going really well. We would now like to add another feature if possible.

We are using the component to book sessions at a children's play centre. We currently have it set up so that you have to choose the number of children in the group when you make a booking. For ease, let's say it is £1 per child.

We would like to know if it would be possible to add in adults so that for each child booked, one adult can go free. For each additional adult, there will be an extra charge of £1.

Is this possible?

Kind regards

James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #25497 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Free adult for every child
Sorry, ABPro has no ability to adjust seat cost based on selection of other seats.

You might try using Extras rather than Seats for calculating charges. (note: ABPro Seats would not be used at all, only Extras)
Example Extras:
A ) "Adult + Child" = $1
B ) "Additional Child" = $1
C ) "Additional Adult" = $1

so...
2 adults + 2 Children = $2 (2xA)
2 adults + 1 Child = $2 (1xA and 1xC)
1 adult + 2 children = $2 (1xA and 1xB)
3 adults + 2 children = $3 (2xA and 1xC)

You could make the minimum for Extra A as 1, so always minimum of 1 adult and 1 child.
This would ensure nobody tired to book only children ;-)
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Rob.

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #25503 by James Baldock
Replied by James Baldock on topic Free adult for every child
Hi Rob,

That's brilliant, thank you!

Just one last one for you if that's ok?

I've set it up as you mentioned. When someone books they see the available slots on the calendar and then go to the next page where they choose the extras e.g. number of adults, children etc. Unfortunately that page does not show the prices of each extra next to the options. Is there a way of showing the prices next to, for example, 'Adult and one child'?

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

James

More
5 years 1 month ago #25504 by Rob
You can use the Help Text, in the Extra setup, to show how much each costs.

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #25506 by James Baldock
Hi Rob,

Thank you, that makes sense.

As I mentioned before, we are using ABP for a children's play centre. Am I right in thinking that if we use 'Extras' for the booking of adult and child places, this will not reduce the number of available slots per session? What I mean is, each session is 1.5 hours long and has space for 30 children. If we use the 'Extras' feature instead of 'Seats' are we able to control / limit the number of available slots?

I assume we need to use 'Seats' in order to do this and if that's the case, it leads me to my next question (sorry!) - one some days they would like to reduce the number of seats in a session. An example might be that usually there are 30 seats available but if a party is booked, the seats available to the general public will be reduced to 10. Is there a way to reduce the number of seats that can be booked online on certain days?

Kind regards

James

More
5 years 1 month ago #25507 by Rob

Am I right in thinking that if we use 'Extras' for the booking of adult and child places, this will not reduce the number of available slots per session?

Yes, that is correct.
That idea only works if a single booking takes the resource and you use Extras to determine the charges.

If we use the 'Extras' feature instead of 'Seats' are we able to control / limit the number of available slots?

No.

An example might be that usually there are 30 seats available but if a party is booked, the seats available to the general public will be reduced to 10. Is there a way to reduce the number of seats that can be booked online on certain days?

You could make a dummy booking to consume the 10 seats.

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #25512 by James Baldock
Hello Rob,

Thank you again! :)

Is there any other way to book out sessions in the event, of say, a party? I thought maybe it could be done under 'Seat Adjustments'. The text on that page in ABP says 'This screen allows you to define Max Seat adjustments for a resource. Initial Max Seat setup is done in the resource setup screen. Adjustments here are added to the base rate. For more information see ABPro User's Guide section `Using Seat Adjustments`'

... but I couldn't find anything in the manual on it.

Sorry to be a pain.

James

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #25513 by Rob
Seat Adjustments are for cases where you need to alter the available seats on scheduled bases, like adding more seats on Friday evenings.
A Seat Adjustment setting is day of the week based not date based, so setting an adjustment for Friday evening will mean every Friday evening.
It would be simpler to have staff make a booking for the party that consumes the seats required for the exact date/time required.

Seat Adjustments - Define adjustments to a resource's Max Seats by day and/or time. This may be useful if you put on a bigger bus, or use a bigger classroom at peak days or times.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Rob.

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #25514 by James Baldock
Thanks Rob, I get it now.

Last question, I hope!

For staff to book a session, can they do this through the backend? The only reason I ask is that when bookings are made through the frontend, we require payment and so we would have to turn the require payment functionality off in order for staff to make a booking.

Kind regards

James

More
5 years 1 month ago #25515 by Rob

For staff to book a session, can they do this through the backend?

No. Nobody can make booking through the back end.

Staff would use the staff booking screen found on the upper left of the Front Desk screen.

we require payment and so we would have to turn the require payment functionality off in order for staff to make a booking.

The staff booking screen has no payment ability, bookings go in as 'payment due'.
Attachments:

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #25519 by James Baldock
Excellent, thank you! :)

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013