Website Migration

• Helder Cortez
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 11 months ago #25656 by Helder Cortez
Website Migration was created by Helder Cortez
is there a way to move Abpro from one host to another? I don't want to move the whole website - just abpro and all its info.
Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #25657 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Website Migration
You cannot 'move' it.
You can install a new instance, and move the data and settings ,which are all in database tables.
See
appointmentbookingpro.com/migrate-to-a-new-server.html

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
4 years 7 months ago #25933 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic Website Migration
Hello,

I think I will receive the "I'm Confused again" award for this, but here is goes......

I have read the " www.appointmentbookingpro.com/migrate-to-a-new-server.html " doc.
When you hit "Backup" in the control panel, this just copies all tables to the backup tables?

If so, the next steps make sense....
1> Click "Backup" (copies all data in sv_apptpro3 tables to sv-apptpro3_backup
2> once ABPro is installed on new server, using phpmyadmin (or similar) export all sv-apptpro3_backup tables;
transfer them ( plus any language or other edited files) to new server.
3> using phpmyadmin (or similar), import the backup tables into the database
4> in control panel, select 'restore' to move all data from the *backup tables to the sv-apptpro3* tables
5> create new menus on new site for ABPro, and try to log in then make appt.
6> if successful, log in staff to access the 'front desk' and other tools to see if they work
7> if successful, rename original edited files (sccalender.php = svcalendar.php-orig) and copy current versions to appropriate folders.
8> test again
9> if successful, engage in happy dance

I hope I'm understanding the steps and sequence of each.
Please let me know.

Also, when doing the backup, does it matter if the server has active users? Or should the backup be done 'after hours' (if I do not care about any missing data after backup).

Thanks so much!

More
4 years 7 months ago #25937 by Rob
Your understanding of the procedure is correct as are the steps you outlined.

The backup should only take a few seconds so the chances of a booking being made during the backup is slight.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago #25938 by Steve Klund
Thanks for your patience when my brian drifts left and I have to ask these questions.

More
4 years 7 months ago #25943 by Rob
Don't forget the step where you edit the .sql file and change the db prefix to match your new prefix.
(unless you made the new server db prefix the same as your old one)

appointmentbookingpro.com/migrate-to-a-new-server.html

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago #25953 by Steve Klund
Yes, sigh (!) I forgot,,,, fascinating results to the database!?

Second attempt worked as described. Weird thing - reading instructions, then following them

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013