• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #26232 by James Baldock
Order Status is 'Pending' was created by James Baldock
Hello Rob,

Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you could help me.

Our site has been working fine but recently is not changing orders to 'Paid' when payment has been made via PayPal. We are having to go in and manually change the order to 'Paid'.

Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

Many thanks

James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #26233 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Order Status is 'Pending'
PayPal needs to send an IPN call back to ABPro to tell it the payment is completed.
If PayPal cannot connect back to your site the booking will never get completed and confirmations sent.

Perhaps you (or your host) have enabled some sort of block against incoming connections ??

Another possibility is a error of some sort during the IPN processing, check your ABPro Error Log screen to see if it shows any problems.

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #26234 by James Baldock
Replied by James Baldock on topic Order Status is 'Pending'
Hi Rob,

Thank you for getting back to me. I've done some further digging and suspect that the firewall on the site is blocking the responses.

Having looked at the firewall documentation, I can allow an exception but they are asking for 'the exact URL where the PayPal response will be received (most components or plugins have a fixed URL where the response will be received)'.

Are you able to tell me what that URL is please?

Many thanks

James

More
4 years 1 month ago #26235 by Rob

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #26236 by James Baldock
Replied by James Baldock on topic Order Status is 'Pending'
Hi Rob,

Yes, I found those earlier and added those but still no joy I'm afraid.

The firewall is asking for the receiving URL i.e. the part of ABP that receives the IPN notifications. Could you let me know what that is please and then I can test that as well.

Kind regards

James

More
4 years 1 month ago #26237 by Rob
The callback URL is just your ABPro instance.

ABPro generates the exact callback URL at runtime and passes it to PayPal as the parameter 'notify_url'.
It will look like.. [your site]/index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&controller=admin&task=ipn"

Must be SSL, see appointmentbookingpro.com/forum/an2/17280-ssl-for-paypal.html

More
3 years 5 months ago #26528 by Kenneth
Replied by Kenneth on topic Order Status is 'Pending'
Hi again. And thanks. SSL has been running for some years. As has the system.

I'm starting to think that Rochen (my host) is the issue. As several of the log entries over at PayPals are telling me they are getting a http status of 500

More
3 years 5 months ago #26529 by Rob
Error 500 is often pretty hard to track down as it does not provide any information on its cause.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013