• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #26396 by Simon Evans
Cron jobs for email reminders was created by Simon Evans
hello again!

Just setup cron jobs on my cpanel. not sure they are working correctly. I followed the get path command so that should be correct.
When the job runs it emails me "No valid component" I have a load of appointments in there which I should be getting reminders for. Same applies the the SMS module.
Tried test mode, but seems I get the "This tool can only be executed from cron" protection.
I realise it could be an issue with my host somehow, but any help appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #26397 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Cron jobs for email reminders

When the job runs it emails me "No valid component"

That sounds like perhaps your host's cron process is not being called correctly.
Cron normally runs executable files, but in this case the cron job must run the hosts's php interpreter and get the ABPro php file passed to it.

You might need to contact your hosting support and ask how they require you to setup a call to a php file.
I cannot give exact syntax as different hosts have their php setup differently.

Tried test mode, but seems I get the "This tool can only be executed from cron" protection.

Ensure the module into test mode so it will allow interactive operation.
Also, that the module's menu assignment is set to 'On all pages'.

• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #26398 by Simon Evans
Replied by Simon Evans on topic Cron jobs for email reminders
Ahh yes thanks. Setting to all pages did it..
You may need to update your guide as it states. "You can set the Menus to None as it does not need to appear on any page."
All the reminders got sent in test mode... now to test in non-test mode!

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013