• Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #26465 by James Baldock
Invalid IPN was created by James Baldock
Hello Rob,

How are you?

Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you could help me please?

We've recently started receiving e-mails from the site which contain only 'INVALID IPN, txnid=, request=' each time an order is made and paid for via PayPal.

Do you have any idea what I can do to fix this please?

Many thanks

James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #26466 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Invalid IPN
It appears that ABPro is receiving an empty or invalid callback from PayPal.
I have never heard of that happening.

Does the booking appear okay in ABPro?
It almost looks like fake IPN calls are coming in.
Do they exactly correspond to legitimate bookings or do they come at random?

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #26467 by James Baldock
Replied by James Baldock on topic Invalid IPN
Hi Rob,

No, it's very weird. We only receive the message, via e-mail, once an order is placed and the customer pays via PayPal so it's all linked to genuine orders.

Kind regards

James

More
2 years 1 month ago #26468 by Rob
Does the order appear correctly paid in ABPro?
If so it means the real IPN came back and ABPro processed it okay.
Then ABPro sees another empty IPN callback.

What version of ABPro?
(Exact version with beta or RC, found in the About screen)

What version of Joomla?

Anything in the ABPro Error Log screen?

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #26469 by James Baldock
Does the order appear correctly paid in ABPro?
Yes, the order appears to be showing correctly and is marked as 'Paid'.

What version of ABPro?
(Exact version with beta or RC, found in the About screen)

ABPro Version 4.0.3, RC 13, July 31/20

What version of Joomla?

Anything in the ABPro Error Log screen?
Just a line like this for each booking: 95 2020-08-26 14:00:44 INVALID IPN, txnid=, request=

More
2 years 1 month ago #26470 by Rob
When did this start?

Anything in your system or server change around the same time?

If you look at the timestamp for the error log entry vs the booking 'created time', can you tell which arrived first?

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #26471 by James Baldock
Booking timestamp: 2020-08-26 13:59:47

There are two lines in the error log:
2020-08-26 14:00:44 INVALID IPN, txnid=, request=
2020-08-26 14:00:03 INVALID IPN, txnid=, request=

I don't know of any changes that have been made. It only appears to have been an issue in the last two weeks.

Kind regards

James

More
2 years 1 month ago #26472 by Rob
I am guessing something is triggering ABPro into thinking it is receiving an IPN when it is not. (??)

If others were reporting it I might consider PayPal has made a change, but as no one else is seeing it I cannot think what it could be.

My only suggestion is to comment out the code in ABPro that detects an invalid IPN.
It is only there for troubleshooting IPN issues and as your bookings are going in and getting the real IPN without problems, it seems the code is just causing troubles.

You could edit file: \components\com_rsappt_pro3\payment_processors\paypal\paypal_ipn.php

The lines that send the email are 834 - 836, so comment out..

// if($mailer->send() != true){
// logIt("Error sending email");
// }

The lines that add the log entry are 815 - 822, comment out the 'execute' line..

$sql = "insert into #__sv_apptpro3_errorlog (description) values('INVALID IPN, txnid=".$txn_id.", request=".$custom."')";
try{
$database->setQuery($sql);
// $database->execute();
} catch (RuntimeException $e) {
logIt($e->getMessage(), "pp_ipn", "", "");
echo JText::_('RS1_SQL_ERROR');
}

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #26473 by James Baldock
Thanks Rob, I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

Speak to you soon

• James Baldock
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 year 11 months ago #26498 by James Baldock
Hi Rob,

How are you?

Well, good news in that your fix worked. Unfortunately since we had the other recent issue ( appointmentbookingpro.com/forum/support-...ssues-new.html#26492 ) and made changes to fix that, the issue has returned.

So sorry to be a pain!

If you could take another look for me, I would be grateful.

Kind regards

James

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #26499 by Rob
I am getting multiple reports of this happening.
I have no solution for it at this time.

PayPal must have changed something in there IPN system.

Lots of Google entries on this issue. I have found no solutions though.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Rob.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013