• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #26476 by Simon Evans
Message center image not appearing on email was created by Simon Evans
Hi Rob
Added a signature image in message center to be sent with the confirmation email.
Its not disaplying on gmail, just a translated google placeholder. Only seems to happen on gmail.
Other systems are able to send images to gmail accounts. I tried on a business email and outlook displays the image ok.
Tied relative & absolute links in message center.
I realise it probably googles fault, but if others can display images, whats stopping this system from displaying them?

thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #26477 by Rob
ABPro does not have the ability to embed images in email.
A link to the image on your server is the best approach.

• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #26478 by Simon Evans
Replied by Simon Evans on topic Message center image not appearing on email
yea, I did put a link to the image on my server, which isn't working hence this post.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #26480 by Rob
Seems to be an issue with html image tags in gmail.
That is how ABPro inserts the image.
stackoverflow.com/questions/21437916/htm...not-showing-in-gmail

I will try a few of the suggested fixes and see what happens.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #26481 by Rob
Or.. you can try some of the things.

Just use the Toggle Editor button to view the raw HTML, then try adding some of the attributes suggested.
Also, maybe try hosting the image on Google Drive so the source is Google trusted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Evans

• Simon Evans
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 week ago #26482 by Simon Evans
Replied by Simon Evans on topic Message center image not appearing on email
hello
Just wanted to say thanks. Mucking about with the HTML got it to work well across mobiles\gmail etc.
here's the code to save others time... you just have to make sure the image dimensions are correct.
<div style="height: 200px; width: 339px; display: block; background: url(' www.aprilsbeautyroom.com.au/images/ABR_b..._card_layout-339.jpg ');"> 

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013