• Olivier Fontana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #26579 by Olivier Fontana
Calendar View - A database error was encountered was created by Olivier Fontana
Hi Rob!

Hope you're doing fine!

All of a sudden, my customer can't access the calendar view and is getting an error (or, as you always like to point out a warning, not an error) message:

ABPro WARNING! A database error was encountered, see error log for details.

After checking the error log, it turns out to it wasn't out of the blue but happened a couple of times from august already. The error is:

functions2 Incorrect DATE value: '16-11-2020'

I'm on Joomla 3.9.18 with ABPro 4.0.3 RC13

It's probably a stupid little thing that I'm just not able to see...

Thanks in advance and kind greetings from Finland.

Olivier

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #26580 by Rob
Sorry, no idea what is happening there.

All dates are stored in yyyy-mm-dd in the database, and are converted from the date format you have specified for the front end.

Is this something you can reproduce yourself?

Is it all specific to one date?

• Olivier Fontana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #26592 by Olivier Fontana
Replied by Olivier Fontana on topic Calendar View - A database error was encountered
Thanks for your reply.

No, it's not specific to one date. It throws the error whenever I try to access the calendar view. So the answer to your other question (reproduce it myself) would be yes.

Now that I think of it, I changed hosting company around that date in August... could it have something to do with server configuration changes? It was a cPanel to cPanel migration and all things seemed to be working right away...

• Olivier Fontana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #26593 by Olivier Fontana
Replied by Olivier Fontana on topic Calendar View - A database error was encountered
I tried to access the calendar through the link index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&view=calendar_view instead as with the menu alias and it throws another error:
Error on server call to get buildCalendarDeskView : 500-

The error log keeps saying: functions2 Incorrect DATE value: '17-11-2020'

• Olivier Fontana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #26594 by Olivier Fontana
Just to let you know I opened a ticket with my hosting company. Was looking for my DB in phpMyAdmin and it wasnt't there...

• Olivier Fontana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #26596 by Olivier Fontana
After regaining access to my database via phpMyAdmin I tried the following:

- used ABPro's backup function to backup everything
- uninstalled ABPro
- reinstalled ABPro
- checked on the site if the calendar is working: SUCCESS
- restored backup
- checked calendar: FAIL

More
3 years 4 months ago #26597 by Rob
Sounds like maybe a data or setting problem.

To see if it is a setting problem try changing the date format in Config | GAD Settings to the default..
Grid Date Format: %a %d-%b-%Y
Long Date Format: %W %B %e, %Y

• Olivier Fontana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #26598 by Olivier Fontana
Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply.

No, unfortunately it didn't do the trick. :-(

More
3 years 4 months ago #26599 by Rob
As it worked before you restored your data, it may be some data corruption somewhere. Finding it may be a challenge.

Try:
Unpublish all resources.
Check the empty Calendar View opens ok.
Create a new resource called "test", leave all other resource settings default.
Check Calendar View opens ok.

If that all works, try publishing resources one at a time and see is one is causing the problem.

• Olivier Fontana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #26602 by Olivier Fontana
- Unpublished all resources.
- Checked the empty Calendar View opens ok.
- Created a new resource called "test", left all other resource settings default.
- Checked Calendar View. It doesn't work.

I attach a CSV export (altering some sensible elements), and it seems clear that the first resource in the list isn't formatted properly. However, only disabling it didn't solve the issue.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Olivier Fontana.

• Olivier Fontana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #26604 by Olivier Fontana

Olivier Fontana wrote: and it seems clear that the first resource in the list isn't formatted properly.

Or it's simply a CSV export bug. From phpMyAdmin it looks fine...

More
3 years 4 months ago #26605 by Rob
If you can email me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) with an admin login and URLs, I can have a look and see if I can see anything unusual.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013