Clarification on some emails in Message Centre

• Steve Klund
  • Steve Klund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #26812 by Steve Klund
There are several emails that confuse me. Can you clarifiy function for me please?

Booking In-Progress: Description says it is generic Thank you.. When "Thank You" is clicked on reception desk view it does not sends
Does this work ONLY when status is "New"?

After Appointment: Description says: "Enter a message you wish to be sent after the booking has taken place.
This can be sent interactively from the Appointments list,

There is no icon / link visible to send. But when I click on "Thank you" it sends
Is this the way it works?

Notification: Description says: "This is the message sent to a customer, who has added themselves to the
notification list for a timeslot, and that slot has come available through a cancellation

Is this the only way it is used? Can it be used in other situations?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #26813 by Rob
In-Progress:

If you are using PayPal and the customer is sent back to your site before the PayPal callback comes in to say payment is ok, this message is sent.
Rarely seen as PayPal is pretty quick with the payment complete callback.

After Appointment:

Can be used as a Thank you message, or sent much later as a reminder to rebook. (annual bookings)

There is no icon / link visible to send. But when I click on "Thank you" it sends
Is this the way it works?

Yes.

Notification: Description says: "This is the message sent to a customer, who has added themselves to the
notification list for a timeslot, and that slot has come available through a cancellation

Is this the only way it is used? Can it be used in other situations?

Yes, and no.
It is specifically tied to the notification system.
When a fully booked slot has a cancellation and becomes able to accept another booking, anyone who added themselves to the notification list will get this message.
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Rob.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #26814 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic Clarification on some emails in Message Centre
Thank you so much!

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26815 by Steve Klund
One last question (I hope).

My plan was to use the "After Appointment" email for no-shows.
I tested it using descriptor "completed" for "Send on Status"
and it worked fine.

When I changed to status "no_show" (as displayed in 'internal_value' column of status table) or " No Show" as displayed in status drop-down it does not send.

How do I get this to send with descriptor other than "completed"?

Also, since a no-show results in negative consequences, how do I change the Subject line from "Thank You" to something else?

Thanks

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26816 by Rob

When I changed to status "no_show" (as displayed in 'internal_value' column of status table) or " No Show" as displayed in status drop-down it does not send.

The code is looking for an exact match between the new booking status and the config value send_on_status.
Setting "Send on Status" to no_show should be what you want.
Maybe there is some extra white space that you are not seeing in the "Send on Status" box??

how do I change the Subject line from "Thank You" to something else?

It is in the language file.
ABPro control Panel | Edit Files | Edit Language File tab, look for..
RS1_ADMIN_CONFIG_MSG_THANKYOU_SUBJECT

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26817 by Steve Klund
I double checked the language file and row in table (see below) tried no_show; No Show; no show in 'Send on Status' box. Does not go,
Where else can I look?

; other
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_PAY_STATUS_PENDING="Pending"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_PAY_STATUS_PAID="Paid"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_PAY_STATUS_NA="Not Applicable"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_NEW="New"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_ACCEPTED="Accepted"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_PENDING="Pending"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_DECLINED="Declined"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_CANCELED="Canceled"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_NONE="Select Status"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_NO_SHOW="No Show"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_DELETED="Deleted"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_RESCHEDULE= "Rescheduled"
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_RESOURCE_NONE="Select Resource"

Attachments:

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #26818 by Rob
The language file is just for the message subject text.

The no_show is set in the Message Centre screen, for the message set you are using.

Also, ensure you are changing it in the message set your are using for the resource. (In case you are using resource specific message sets)

The message is sent when you manually change the booking status.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Rob.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26819 by Steve Klund
I appreciate your patience!

So,,, I went step-by-step ensure no typo's, spaces, incorrect CAPS, et.
I looked at the original language file to make sure there was no errors I could have made in some process.

Then, I went down the list to see what would / would not work. In the listing only the first two below would send email when status was changed (It also had visible spinning mouse on change. The remaining did not work, and the mouse did not 'spin'.

So,, is there somewhere else I can look? Is it possible the first two are the only ones listed within the code? I just do not know where to look.

x RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_CANCELED="Canceled" -- works
x RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_CANCELED="Completed" -- works
x RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_DECLINED="Declined" -- failed
x RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_NO_SHOW="No Show" -- failed
x RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_NO_SHOW="Attended" -- failed
x RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_RESCHEDULE= "Rescheduled"-- failed

Thanks again!

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #26820 by Rob
The language file has nothing to do with sending, or not sending, any message.
I referred you there as you asked how to change the subject of the Thank You message.

The status values that ABPro uses are stored in a database table.
[your db prefix]_sv_apptpro3_status

The internal_value is what the code looks at when it compares with the value you set into the Message Centre, 'Send on Status' box.
If you set your 'Send on Status' to no_show, AND you are changing the booking status manually from something other than no_show, to being no_show, the system will send the Thank You message.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Rob.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26821 by Rob
How are you changing the status?

I noticed your previous question was about the "Status Quick Change" option....
That option does a shortcut and just changes the booking status directly in the booking table, without using the normal Joomla model. The Thank You message requires a normal edit of the booking and changing of the status.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26822 by Rob
Found the bug.

The code was still looking at the obsolete send_on_status value stored in the config file, rather than the new message set specific value.

This will be fixed in the next release, to fix your copy now you can...

For the Front end
Edit Model file: \components\com_rsappt_pro3\models\requests_detail.php

At line 631, look for..

// post booking message
if($row->request_status == strtolower($apptpro_config->send_on_status)){
if($jinput->getString('old_status') != strtolower($apptpro_config->send_on_status)){
// send post booking message

Change to:
// post booking message
if($row->request_status == strtolower($messages_to_use->send_on_status)){
if($jinput->getString('old_status') != strtolower($messages_to_use->send_on_status)){
// send post booking message

For the Back end
This is more complex and beyond forum code snippet fix.

The full fix will be in 4.0.3 RC16, and 4.0.5 beta 8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Klund

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26823 by Steve Klund
This wonderful news! Thanks so much!!