Alternate use of "Booking in Progress" email within message centre

• Steve Klund
  • Steve Klund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26824 by Steve Klund
I was really excited to get the 'Thank you" email working. We will use it as notification for appointments that are a 'no-show'. It will be a very good tool.
I then installed the thank-you cron routine thinking (faulty thoughts) that I could use the "After Appointment" email for one function (no_show) and the thank-you cronjob for another (completed). Yes I discovered this would not work.

So,, there is a message labeled "Booking-in-Progress" that activates when the status is "new".
Would it be possible to change the parameter to another value (such as completed)?
Or, within the language file:
; other
RS1_ADMIN_SCRN_REQUEST_STATUS_NEW="New"

Could I relabel to "completed" to trigger the thank-you cronjob?

That way I could I could have a automatic notification of all competed sessions as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26825 by Rob
The In-Progress is a special case that only sends when the customer comes back from PayPal and the PayPal callback has not yet confirmed payment.

There is no code that sends that in response to a status change.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #26826 by Steve Klund
I was referring to Booking-in-progress:

Sorry for the small pic
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Steve Klund.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26827 by Rob
Yes, that is the message I was referring to.
It is used for PayPal, and also if you are running with auto-accept = NO.
It is not sent in response to any manual status change, it is in the booking process code.

You could add your own code to make a second post booking section that sends this message, but there is nothing in ABPro to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Klund

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26828 by Steve Klund
Sigh,,,, Thanks for letting me know.. I was not sure if it was beyond limits of existing possibilities or not. Maybe I can find another way.
Thanks again!!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013