ABPro Categories have stopped working in the latest Joomla 4

• Rob
  • Rob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #26875 by Rob
For some reason, Joomla 4 is no longer accessing ABPro's model file for categories.
This is internal Joomla functionality that has changed in a recent Joomla 4.

The problem may be related to ABPro being an old application that does not use J4's namespaces.
All other model files are accessed without issue, but other model classes have unique names, only categories is a name that is also in Joomla itself.
One work around may be to rename ABPro categories to something like categories_abp.

My tests with renaming the categories model/view/controller structure to categories_abp are showing promise.

Hopefully a new release will be available shortly that will fix the missing categories problem.
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Rob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Svedung

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 days ago #26891 by Alex Chartier
Hi Rob,

Renaming the controller to something other than categories is what I did to get it working.

• Rob
  • Rob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 2 days ago #26893 by Rob
Change added to beta 11.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013