• Sebastian Richter
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 5 days ago - 4 months 5 days ago #26890 by Sebastian Richter
J4 / PHP 8 was created by Sebastian Richter
Hi all together,

i installed ABP 405B10 on a clean J4 installation with php8 and had several issues that I ran into but which I also could get resolved. I would like to share them, so that it helps other people and maybe some issues could be updated in the next beta :-)

This is my config:
Joomla! Version 4.1.0
PHP Version 8.0.17
Template cassiopeia

Database
Server mysql
Version5.7.36-log
Collation utf8_general_ci
Conn Collation utf8mb4_general_ci

Here they come:

Invalid SQL Query is constructed when category is selected -> DB Error
I don't what exactly happens there, but if nothing is passed in, the value of service_selector now seems to be 0 rather than ""

components/com_rsappt_pro3/getSlots.php

Line 253
## Change
if($service_selector !="" and $service_selector != 0){
#if($service_selector != ""){

Book offs - detailed view didnt load

components/com_rsappt_pro3/views/bookoffs_detail/tmpl/form.php

Line 25
## Change (added)
JHtml::_('jquery.framework');

Error while loading bookoff-details (admin)

components/com_rsappt_pro3/controllers/admin_detail.php

Line 525
## Change
#$process_wday = "|".$process_date[wday]."|";
$process_wday = "|".$process_date['wday']."|";

Error while loading bookoff-details (frontEnd)

components/com_rsappt_pro3/controllers/bookoffs_detail.php

Line 307
## Change
#$process_wday = "|".$process_date[wday]."|";
$process_wday = "|".$process_date['wday']."|";

Admin Menu (the joomla admin menu fully expanded): "categories" not working

-> change in database table #__menu -> add "_abp" to the category entry

should probably be fixed in the install or update .sql files

i changed it manually in the DB

Frontdesk - Ajax Request to get userdata of selected User returns invalid url for ajax_fetch

components/com_rsappt_pro3/script.js

Line 3318
// Change
//return("~/index.php");
return("");

Front desk - does not load on mobile device

components/com_rsappt_pro3/views/front_desk/tmpl/default_mobile.php

Line 448
<!-- ## Change -->
<input type="hidden" id="script_path" name="script_path" value="<?php echo $SCRIPTPATH?>" />
<!-- <input type="hidden" id="script_path" name="script_path" value="<?php echo SCRIPTPATH?>" /> -->

same as above / probalby doesnt print - didnt test this one

components/com_rsappt_pro3/views/front_desk/tmpl/default_prt.php

Line 398
<!-- ## Change -->
<!-- <input type="hidden" id="script_path" name="script_path" value="<?php echo SCRIPTPATH?>" /> -->
<input type="hidden" id="script_path" name="script_path" value="<?php echo $SCRIPTPATH?>" />

Front desk / add booking does not load on mobile (hyperlink from front desk broken)
The $link in the following else statement below the line I changed, probably should be commented out? At least in the non-mobile version it is... don't know - didn't test

components/com_rsappt_pro3/views/front_desk/tmpl/default_mobile.php

Line 250
## Change
$link = JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&view=front_desk').'&task=add_booking&frompage=front_desk&Itemid='.$itemid;
#$link = JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&controller=front_desk&task=add_booking&frompage=front_desk&Itemid='.$itemid);

Have a great sunday everybody and thanks for all your work, Rob!!
Last edit: 4 months 5 days ago by Sebastian Richter. Reason: better readabilty

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 days ago #26892 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic J4 / PHP 8
Thanks, put them in but did not test as I am still running php7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013