• Steve Klund
  • Steve Klund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
4 years 3 months ago #26169 by Steve Klund
appointment will not print was created by Steve Klund
I have an issue with printing. When I create an appointment, and try to print to pdf or to a printer, all that prints is the first line.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #26170 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic appointment will not print
ABPro has no native print capability.
The Print button just does a browser print, like a left mouse click and 'print'.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #26171 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic appointment will not print
Tried to print from the other server by the print button, right clicking, and selecting options / print... all work fine.

So now to joomla forums to see why I cannot print a page.

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #26172 by Steve Klund
Hello,
A few more pieces to the puzzle.....

I have two servers, the first one listed prints this page fine (confirmation of appointment page)

region2tasc.org/index.php
/component/rsappt_pro3/booking_screen_gad/894
/show_confirmation/81bec35f7a3fe2033c7f0452e3088d78/3116?Itemid=894

The second, only prints the first line

region1tasc.org/index.php
/component/rsappt_pro3/booking_screen_gad/3755
/show_confirmation/155c0c0ca8debc4ffc28d9a3a7bd79b4/445?Itemid=3755

I have tried to find the article by # (3755) and cannot. I was hoping there was some formatting hiccup I could identify but I cannot find the folder below /var/www/html/components/com_rsappt_pro3/views/booking_screen_gad/

All other pages in APBpro view and can print (although the formatting is a bit off on the region1tasc.org site.

Is there something else I can look for to fix the issue? Sorry for not giving more info, but I'm not sure what else to provide

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #26173 by Rob
Sorry, I can offer no suggestions.

If the page shows correctly on screen, then ABPro has done its part and the rest is the browser.

Item ID is just to do with the menu item that got you there and not related to any specific content.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rob.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #26175 by Steve Klund
I think this is where I sigh a sigh of frustration regarding technology (?)
Thank you for all your support and help. I truly appreciate the product and your standing behind it. I am very appreciative for this forum and the assistance all of us receive.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #26426 by Steve Klund
Drudging up unsolved stuff is not my idea of fun. However, I may have another piece to the issue.
The only page I cannot print is the appointment confirmation (attachment no-print-1).
When selecting "Print this Page", all I get is empty page with a header ( attachment no-print-2)
I tried to print via firefox by opening menu then print. I am presented with attachment no-print-2
UNTIL
I select "Simplify Page" on the top, and all the print appears and prints (attachment no-print-3)

Anyone care to take a stab at what I can do to print this confirmation page?

Thanks for any input.

Attachments:

More
3 years 8 months ago #26427 by Rob
Maybe some hidden formatting character in the message itself (??).

Try making a new confirmation message with just some simple plain text, like "Thank you for you order" and see if that works.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #26428 by Steve Klund
created a new message set. It displays on creation of appointment, but prints only header unless I use firefox print and select "simplify Page". I think I will build up new server and move ABPro. The rub is, all appointments are automatically sent via email to the creator, so they do not actually need to print that page, but I have a number of folks demanding they need it.
Oh well. Thanks for letting me bring this issue back.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #26429 by Rob
The "Print this page" button calls the browser print function.

Reading about the "Simplify page" option, it says ..
"strips away clutter like buttons, ads, and background images from your web prints for better readability and paper/ink savings."

Maybe if you remove the button, people will use the browser print function manually to get the printout.

If you want to try that you can edit the confirmation screen and comment out the line..
<input type="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('RS1_PRINT_THIS_PAGE');?>" onclick="window.print();">

For the GAD booking screen that file is:
\components\com_rsappt_pro3\views\gad_confirmation\tmpl\default.php
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Rob.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #26430 by Steve Klund
Thank you so much!

I had thought of hiding the print button but was hesitant as it is not my button, and it wouldn't fix the problem, only slap duct tape on it.

Thank you for the ability to apply duct tape!

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013