• Olivier Fontana
  • Olivier Fontana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #26213 by Olivier Fontana
Date format in GAD was created by Olivier Fontana
Hi Rob,

I have an issue with the date format on the GAD. In the manual, under Multi-Language operation it is stated that most things are automatically translated.
My site isn't multilanguage but in German only. I have Swiss German (de-CH) as default content language, en-GB is deleted.
I made my edits to the language file /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_rsappt_pro3.ini
All is shown correctly, except the dates in the grid (see attachment) and the confirmation message when you have selected a timeslot.

I'm I missing something?

Thanks and kind regards
Olivier

I'm using ABPro 4.0.3.RC9 on Joomla 3.9.15
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #26214 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Date format in GAD
Day and month names are not translated by ABPro.
ABPro reads your Joomla language setting and passes the language code to PHP and MySQL.
PHP and MySQL date functions then return dates in the appropriate language.
ABPro will automatically display in the day and month names in your Joomla language.

I have not tried de-CH, only de-DE as in my demo site..
multilang.appointmentbookingpro.com/de/

As a test it might be worth switching to de-DE and see if the dates get translated. If they do we know it is an issue specific to de-CH.

## EDiT ##

I am not seeing any problems with de-CH here..

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rob.

• Olivier Fontana
  • Olivier Fontana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #26215 by Olivier Fontana
Replied by Olivier Fontana on topic Date format in GAD

Day and month names are not translated by ABPro.

Yes, that's what I understood from your well made documentation (big compliment on that, too).

I tried on a quick XAMPP install and there is no problem there.

So now I'm trying to troubleshoot and find out where that "setting" comes from... :unsure:

More
4 years 2 months ago #26216 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Date format in GAD
Not sure what "settings" your are referring to.

Also, check that your Joomla plugins Language Filter and Language Code are not enabled.
The default setting for those is disabled.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013