• Dan Phillips
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 9 months ago #26764 by Dan Phillips
SEO + URL rewriting in J!4-rc2 was created by Dan Phillips
Hi Rob,

I'm working on a setup in a fresh install of J! 4.0.0-rc2.

ABPro: 4.0.5.b5
PHP: 7.4.20
MySQL: 5.7.17

I can't get it to work with SEO and URL rewriting turned on. When I try to access the component at my.testsite.com/book-a-time?view=booking_screen_gad

I get a series of four javascript alert error messages - "Error on server call to get Services: 404" repeated for Extras, buildTable and Resource UDFs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #26765 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic SEO + URL rewriting in J!4-rc2
I have not tested ABPro with anything beyond beta 7.

I will dust off my development environment and try to run ABPro on RC-2.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Rob.

• Dan Phillips
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago #26784 by Dan Phillips
Replied by Dan Phillips on topic SEO + URL rewriting in J!4-rc2
Hi Rob. I just installed ABPro b6, and the site is now on J!4-rc6.

URL rewriting is still not working with ABPro :-(

More
2 years 8 months ago #26785 by Rob
Very strange.
In J3, Joomla would create a menu link like..
[your site]/index.php/abpro-gad

In J4rc-6, Joomla is making the menu link..
[your site]/abpro-gad?view=booking_screen_gad

The menu system is adding the token on the end and leaving out the index.php.

If you manually change the link J4 creates, it calls the screen fine.

I will poke around and see if I can figure out a work around.

• Dan Phillips
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #26786 by Dan Phillips
It does work if I change it to a system link and make the URL /index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&view=booking_screen_gad, so that will work if the routing changes can't be accommodated.

I thought I remembered something about fundamental changes in the routing mechanism in J!4.

ABPro menu item types work except GAD, GAD Wizard, Front Desk, and Calendar, I suppose because those all rely on AJAX calls? They all generate javascript alerts of 404 errors.

The Cancel screen generates a php error: Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Factory::getURI().

Admin, Advanced Admin, My Bookings, Control Panel and GDPR all work fine.

THANK YOU!
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Dan Phillips.

More
2 years 8 months ago #26787 by Rob
I deleted my old .htaccess file, then I took the htaccess.txt file from the current J4 download, and renamed it .htaccess.

The link is still strange, but the 404 error is gone and the booking screen tries to open.
The AJAX calls fail though so more investigation is needed.

More
2 years 8 months ago #26788 by Rob
Try this modified script.js file.
Unzip, and upload to \components\com_rsappt_pro3\

As this is a client side file, a Ctl-F5 refresh will be required to force your browser to download it and replace the version in the browser cache.
Attachments:

• Dan Phillips
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago #26789 by Dan Phillips
YAY! That seems to have fixed it :-)

THANK YOU!!!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013