• Steve Klund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
1 year 8 months ago #26904 by Steve Klund
Please recap what does work in Joomla 4 was created by Steve Klund
Rob,

Hope your retirement is gleaning lots of time on your favorite late catching plenty of fish!

Can you please recap what does not currently work in Joomla (either upgrading from Joomla 3.10; or fresh install of joomla 4)?

For the items not working (primary the email, sms, thank you modules) would you consider contracting to make them functional?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #26905 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Please recap what does work in Joomla 4
I have not done any testing for a long time so I cannot say for sure what does or does not work.

For the items not working (primary the email, sms, thank you modules) would you consider contracting to make them functional?

As far as I know sms and email were working in J4.
Reminder modules don't, as the technique used to instantiate a Joomla framework from in a cron job no longer works. (maybe a security thing??)

Sorry, if I had been able to fix them, I would have done so when I made the conversion to J4.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
1 year 8 months ago #26906 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic Please recap what does work in Joomla 4
Thanks for the quick reply! Would you object if I asked around to see if any php proficient folks at work could help in identifying the errors and maybe find a solution?

More
1 year 8 months ago #26907 by Rob

identifying the errors

What errors are you seeing?

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
1 year 8 months ago #26908 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic Please recap what does work in Joomla 4
None yet. I have not tried to fiddle around without your permission

More
1 year 8 months ago #26909 by Rob
Feel free to do whatever you wish.
If you encounter errors I will try to help, other than the reminder cron modules as I already expended much time on those and have written them off as not do-able (by me) in J4.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #26919 by Robert Gastaud
Replied by Robert Gastaud on topic Please recap what does work in Joomla 4
Hi Rob,

I love ABPro and am sad that this extension will soon disappear. For my pleasure, I'm trying to make it (4.0.5 beta11 version) compatible with PHP 8.1 and I'm getting this error for the category display (even in PHP 7.4) on a local website:

Warning: require_once(D:\wamp64\www\demoj4\administrator/components/com_rsappt_pro3\controllers\categories.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\wamp64\www\demoj4\administrator\components\com_rsappt_pro3\rsappt_pro3.php on line 63

The file is now named "controllers/categories_abp.php"

I didn't find how to fix that error.

Best regards,
Robert

Sorry, my message is not at the right place. :(
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Robert Gastaud.

More
1 year 5 months ago #26920 by Rob

The file is now named "controllers/categories_abp.php"

That is correct, it was changed due to Jooma 4 seeing it as a conflict.

I just did a full source code search of 4.0.5 beta11 download, front end and back end, and I can find no references to the old file name.
It is possible the demo site does not have the correct code.

More
1 year 5 months ago #26921 by Robert Gastaud
Thanks Rob!

I reinstalled the beta11 version, and in the main file rsappt_pro.php there are these lines
//if no controller then default controller = 'cpanel'
$jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input;
$controller = $jinput->getString('controller','cpanel' ); 

//set the controller page  
require_once (JPATH_COMPONENT.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'controllers'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$controller.'.php');

$controller is "categories" when I click to display the categories tab in the administration, not categories_abp, so require once is looking for categories.php

More
1 year 5 months ago #26922 by Rob
I am unable to reproduce any problems opening the categories screen or managing categories.
What do you do to make this problem show up?

More
1 year 5 months ago #26923 by Robert Gastaud
I am in the administration, I click on "categories" in the appointmentBooking menu and I get the error.

I tested with the Control panel icon for categories and it works, from the penel menu too, so it's a problem in the main menu link?
Attachments:

More
1 year 5 months ago #26924 by Rob
Ah, that menu is setup at install time by the Joomla installer.

You will need to use phpMyAdmin or some db tools to access the 'menu' table in your Joomla database.
Look for the row with 'title' = COM_RSAPPT_PRO3_CATEGORIES
The link column needs to be changed from
index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&controller=categories
to
index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&controller=categories_abp

More
1 year 5 months ago #26925 by Robert Gastaud
Thanks Rob, it works fine now!

Best regards,
Robert

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013